Sunday, August 12, 2007

Getting Back Into the Swing of Things

It is hard to believe it has been nearly two weeks since my last posting. I'm finally feeling like I'm getting back into the swing of things following surgery, which includes blogging once again.

Surgery went great. Very "uneventful" as the doctor said. Recovery as been pretty good, although I've been amazed at how quickly I tire and how much I want to sleep these days. Everyday I can see improvement in my energy level, and that is encouraging as I think of all the boxes needing to be packed as we move in a few weeks! Pain has been pretty minimal, although soreness is present, but lessening every day. The real plus to all of this is that supposedly I will be feeling a lot better than I have been. The surgeon told me there was scar tissue present and that I have probably been having gall bladder issues for the past 2 to 2-1/2 years and didn't fully realize it! That is God's grace for you! (Or me being totally out of touch with my health!)

Thank you all for your prayers. It has been so evident that all of this is the Lord's timing and I'm learning, once again, to just rest in that and go with it.

I mentioned moving. We are in full swing in preparing for moving sometime after the 20th of this month. We've been packing up cupboards, book cases and bedrooms. The past week I've been "supervising" the packing of boxes--sitting in a chair and directing--as I'm not released to lift or move anything yet. After the next week I should get full clearance from my doctor to actively pack--and feel physically able to do so--and then, watch out! I have enjoyed sorting through things and tossing things out as we go along. I love the chance to purge and clean out. Moving is always good for that!

This weekend we're enjoying our backdoor seats to the local airshow. We live on the backside of the airport and literally watch the airshow from the back patio! There used to be a large field behind us that provided an unobstructed view. However, this past year they began "developing" the field and putting in row houses. (Another reason we're so thankful to be moving.) We still have a pretty good view this year since construction is only in the beginning stages. It has been thrilling to have the Blue Angels zooming overhead. They are absolutely breathtaking!

I'll post more later--just wanted to let you know I'm alive and well!

5 comments:

  1. Good to read your update and know you're getting your energy back. But please don't overdo!

    The Blue Angels flew low over our house yesterday and we're not that close to the airport. Really awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear you're channeling Lucy still. Lucy wouldn't pack, she would supervise. Doctors orders or not, it sounds like the only way to move. :) After all, isn't manual labor what the teenagers are made for? Take it easy my friend.

    Hey, I didn't know you live so close to the airport! Jeff and I both grew up in that area and our families still live around there. We used to be lifeguards at the city pool and enjoyed watching the show out of the corner of our eyes.

    It's good to hear from you! I missed hearing your written voice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey lady... glad to hear everything is going well in your world!! i'm especially glad to hear that surgery went so well... whew!!! i too live close to the airport... watching the angels this weekend was cool. talk to you soon hopefully!! - Becci :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey sister!
    So glad to have you back. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help with the move.
    Miss you!!
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete