Sunday, October 07, 2007

The Classifieds

Recently, I've been looking on "Craigslist" for employment opportunities. (I may have mentioned once or twice that I'm really feeling the desire to move on from my present position as an office assistant to something else. What? I'm not sure, but I have been praying about it for many months and want to be open to what the Lord has for me!) I know everyone and their brothers are also looking for jobs, but nevertheless, it is kinda fun to peruse the various listings and see what's out there. Who knows, perhaps just the right thing will come along. I'm keeping my antennae up!

Today, as I was going through various searches, I came across the request for a "sandwich artist". Now, I'm pretty certain this is not a request for a person to paint lovely portraits of BLTs or PB& Js on whole wheat, but rather a very clever way of saying, 'we need someone who can make sandwiches'. This got me to thinking about how so many of the ads I've been looking through have been cleverly worded in hopes of luring in job seekers to take the bait and inquire further.

This is where you come in; What clever descriptions have you come across for the most mundane of jobs or services? Is there certain wording that would actually entice you to inquire about a job position?

**By the way, I in no way have meant to be insulting or belittling to the sandwich artist. I love sandwiches and am appreciative of those artists who share their skills with the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment