Thursday, December 06, 2007

The Love Language of Flowers

I just had to give a quick note on how the Lord has ministered since my last post. I have felt the prayers of many this week as I have had a blanket of peace over me. Circumstances and the messiness of life haven't changed, but I have had an anticipation in the Lord. He has shown me several times this week, in very small, "quiet" ways that he is present and aware of all that is going on.

A particular blessing has been preparing and designing wedding flowers for a special couple whose wedding is Friday night. Of course I knew I would be making bouquets, boutonnieres and corsages, but I had not anticipated how uplifting it would be to my spirit. Not only has creating been nurturing, but I have found it to be a wonderful time of worship.

When I picked up the flowers from the flower market and saw the assortment of colors and textures I was once again overwhelmed with the beauty of God's creation. I never cease to be amazed at the hues, the structure and scent of these wonderful beauties we call flowers. And to think I get to put them together in groupings that will somehow enhance the beauty of a wedding! How great is that?

Last night as I began the long 2 day process of creating, not only was I infused with new found energy, but I found myself caught up in worship, thinking about the Lord, praying and even singing songs to Him, thankful for how intimately he knows me that he would use flowers to minister to me. He truly speaks my love language.

4 comments:

  1. God is so good. He reveals himself to each us in the perfect way. And when life is at it's messiest, He is faithful at revealing himself more deeply if we just seek Him.

    I'm so sorry that life is feeling messy for you right now. But I think God speaks the loudest in our lowest moments. I'm so glad our Father, the beautiful Artist, is speaking to your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome!!! God gave you that passion for a reason, cheryl!! i'm sure the flowers will be gorgeous!! i wish i could see them! hey... if i ever get married, i'll give you a call!! -Becci :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for using your worship language to minister to my family. The flowers were beautiful.

    Dean

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a delight and a privilege to be involved in this special ceremony!

    ReplyDelete