Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Back to Writing my Ponderings

Here I sit, in the dark, except for the light from my laptop. It's 2:30 AM, unable to sleep because thoughts, plans, ideas, creations, concerns & prayers fill my brain one after another. This seems to be the appointed time--reminiscent of times past--to Ponder.  This compulsion to open my "blogspot" page (after a few failed attempts at remembering my password) is the result of a stirring that has been becoming more pronounced over the past month or so. I've sensed a pull, calling, nudge--call it what you will--maybe even a leading, to get back to writing my Ponderings.  For what purpose?  I'm not certain. I'll let God figure out those details, I just want to be obedient and open to the Lord's leading and do what He is asking me to do.

Clearly, I have not had the nudge or urge to write for quite some time.  Just a glance at the picture and topic of my last post it is easy to know that a lot of life has happened since my last post.  Ah! What a great thing to be able to say... "A lot of life"...  Let me catch you up with the "Reader's Digest" version of the last 2-1/2 years:  I now have a full head of hair.  After the initial fuzzy hair that came in, my 'real' hair came in slightly darker than before, not too many gray hairs, and just as thick as before.  I completed my 2 years of maintenance chemo in August and I'm still in a good remission.  Currently, I am seeing my oncologist every 2 months, with another follow-up CT scan in February, then I will move to a quarterly follow-up schedule. I now have 2 married children and 3 grandsons!  I am healthy and feeling great!

Back to this early morning Pondering--

Honestly, I'm not sleeping well because my thoughts are filled with concern for a dear one close to me.  I have been discouraged, worried and sad, praying for the Lord's intercession,  protection and healing for this person.  As I was tossing and turning a short while ago, a single word came to mind.  Interestingly enough, this word has been a theme for me this past year, but somehow I have forgotten it these past 3 days.  The word is HOPE. This isn't fluffy, toss-a-penny-in-the-fountain-wishful-thinking-type of hope.  This is confident hope that comes from personal experience and the many times God has interceded and done the seemingly impossible in my own life.

I just re-read this verse I have bookmarked in my YouVersion Bible App:

 Psalm 27:14 (Amplified version):
Wait and hope for and expect the Lord; be brave and of good courage and let your heart be stout and enduring.  Yes, wait for and hope for and expect the Lord.

Such a good reminder.

I'm feeling rather sleepy now.  I think I'll close my eyes for a couple of hours before my alarm clock announces the morning.  It's good to be back Pondering and once again, sharing life with you all!

3 comments:

  1. Shirley jo Schumacher9:32 AM, January 17, 2017

    Tears are flowing now. I can't tell you how spot on and timely that verse is to me at this very second. Thank-you.
    ~Shirley jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. ❤ God is so good and loves us so. I'm so thankful He is meeting the needs of your heart.. Praying for you and sending hugs your way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheryl,I believe too that this word of hope is definitely a word that the Holy Spirit is giving to His Bride. A simple verse that has moved me into the New Year is also "Be still and know that I am God." As the stillness overtakes my soul, I am able to get to a place of deeper trust and quietness so I can hear His voice of Hope! Thank you for sharing! Good to see you here again!!

    ReplyDelete