Thursday, August 17, 2006

To My Teen's Dismay, I'm a Blogger!

Okay, true confessions....This is a first. I have never 'blogged'. When I mentioned to my kids that I was going to blog, their reaction was mixed. My son chimed in, " Isn't that kind of weird mom? I mean, that's only for kids and teens." When I enlightened him and mentioned that I have friends that blog, then his response was, "okay, then, it is only for old people and seems kinda creepy!" Well, I'm not a teen and, yes, I am older--but not old-- and I'm definitely not creepy, except maybe in my teen-aged children's eyes! I really am a pretty "normal" (which is subjective!), average person. I'm actually excited to blog and share my ponderings.
Aahh...."Ponderings". I love to ponder. In fact, there is something rather invigorating about just thinking and mulling over things. In our fast-paced lives, having time to sit and ponder is such a luxury. I have found such blessings in pondering. It is often in these quiet times that I hear God the loudest and learn so much.
My hope is that as I share 'life'--the struggles I have, the lessons I'm being taught, and the truths I'm learning--, that others will be encouraged and strengthened to put one foot in front of the other and keep going down this road of faith in Jesus as we press on toward the goal!
That's all for now! I'll be back~

6 comments:

  1. Yay you! Welcome to bloggerland! It's one of my favorite new pastimes. I've met so many interesting folk through this wonderful world! I hope you have fun with it.

    I got mixed reactions from Brad's family when he mentioned to them that we both had blogs. They were of the same opinion - blogging was for kids or adults acting like kids. I've actually found that there are many creative souls out there using blogs to encourage and lift up one another and it's a great place to work through ideas, struggles and to share the joys of life. Come visit me at mine sometime!
    Love ya! Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheryl, you are such a fine writer. I love hearing you "speak" in print. I am proud of your adventure. It will be a pleasure to ponder along with you. You go girl! Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok. I'm not anonymous! I figured how to get my name in there. (Can you tell I have never blogged before?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Flower Cheryl!
    Loved the blog. First time for me hope this gets to you. Way to go! Finding time to ponder, what a great idea. Kids are more and more on their own now and that seem like a real possibility. I will be on vacation and will try it out on a sandy beach in Sanibel with a few girls from the shop. I will spread the word of pondering. And certinetly plan to get some good godly communication in. Love & Joy, Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok I know not what I doith? When I sent my little blerb it highlighted my name in blue. When I clicked on it I thought it would go to my web site but instead went somewhere else. So if anyone is interested it is krelly.designs.com
    the home of my shop with a group of wonderful god loving women! Joyfully, Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome, Cheryl! I enjoy blogging to help keep in touch across the miles... and share cultural insights, etc. Looking forward to reading your blog in the months to come.

    Leah

    ReplyDelete