Sunday, June 17, 2007

It's Show Time!



It's here--The dress rehearsal week and then--ta dah--opening weekend of You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown!
********************************
Here's what people on the street are saying about the show:


"Do you think that little red-headed girl will be there?"
-- Charlie Brown

"I bet the show will be better than my dumb ol' jump rope--and that's my new philosophy!"
-- Sally Brown

"The music in the show is classic--and at times--classical! Musical art at it's finest! Count me in. But one request, can you please seat me far away from Lucy Van Pelt?"
-- Schroeder

"Life's too short. I'm going to see it for sure. I hear that this is a great production--almost as great as my supper time!"
-- Snoopy

"Musicals like this have real social relevance. Experts say it is important to connect with community, to support the creative endeavors of others, that in so doing, the very social fabric of .....can I bring my blanket?"
-- Linus Van Pelt

"Well, I'm not a blockhead! Of course I'll be seeing the show! ...and I highly suggest you do to....or else..."
-- Lucy Van Pelt


***************
Here are a few pictures of the cast, sans costumes to give you a hint of the show. Charlie Brown is the Charlie Brown-iest, Sally is adorable and sassy, Linus totally loves his blanket, Schroeder is the ultimate Beethoven fan, and Snoopy is determined to get that ol' Red Baron! Oh, and Lucy...well, what can I say...we've bonded!


If you're in the area and would like to see the show, or have friends that would like to come as well, please pass on the information. Really, unbiasedly, it is going to be a lot of fun!

For show times and reservations, go here.

7 comments:

  1. Count me in! One thing you didn't say about Lucy...she is a woman who knows what she wants and gets it! She is definitely a force to be reckoned with! AND she lights up the stage!! She really, really does...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait! I enjoyed the pictures, thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh.. ! this was great! I wish that I could see it! All of you look like you are really enjoying yourselves!

    It looks by the bus that it is going to be a cute play!

    Break a leg!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheryl,

    I just want to say that you are the type of person that I would like as President of my civil organizatioin or club. That or queen. You're the perfect Lucy...especially considering how different you are than the character. As Chad says, rock on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lori! You're so sneaky...didn't I just see you at dress rehearsal!?!

    Thank you for your support! I have to say this is great fun...the fatigue is diminishing a little as opening night approaches.

    Thank you for being the bestest choreographer and for all your help in getting us to this point! Thank you for using your gifts, your talents and abilities to God's glory! I think He's smiling--big time--and playing right along with us!

    Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Opening night was wonderful! The cast is so talented, the costumes are great, the girl's dresses are so cute! Cheryl, you are the Drama Queen! You really nailed Lucy! Those of you who read this from near and far, you really need to take a road trip and come see this show!

    ReplyDelete