Monday, September 10, 2007

Only Her Hairdresser Knows for Sure


This is a total fluff piece to fill the void while I'm finalizing some ponderings on another issue, or issues. Just take this as a friendly warning...or advice...or something...I doubt there is anything of real depth that will follow...

It seems lately, with frequency, that I've been getting comments about my hair color. (I know...this is deep, thought-provoking stuff.)It is just funny to me, that's all. Last Saturday after church, I saw a gal I hadn't seen for the last month and a half. First thing she commented on was how dark my hair was. My own mother even asked me a few months ago if I was coloring my hair "that dark".

For the record---my hair color on most of my head--is my natural dark brown hair color. I say "most" of my head, because the ends have the signs of grown-out highlights. If one were to compare the end 3 inches of my hair with the top of my head and bangs, the color difference is noticeable. My friend, Michelle, who cuts and highlights my hair, is so good that the highlights always look natural, and "brighten" my hair a bit, making it a wee bit lighter brown. What's funny, is that I haven't had my hair highlighted all that often. I think I'm just in a really dark hair phase right now. I haven't been out in the sun much at all this summer, so my natural highlights haven't had a chance to shine. Maybe that is why my hair seems darker than usual...??

So, yes, my hair really is this dark. However, I am feeling that it is near time to get highlights once again; it does wonders in helping to camouflage the increasing white strands that are shining through!

Beware, I just may keep you posted on coming events...

1 comment:

  1. I took a multi-year hiatus from coloring my hair. One of those "earthy" periods I s'pose. Anyhoo, I discovered that my hair is a mousy brown-like color. No natural highlights or lowlights. Just all over dull. So, back to the bottle I went. All this to say, what I wouldn't give for gorgeous dark brown hair like yours! *Sigh*

    ReplyDelete