Monday, December 15, 2008

Celebrating

The Lord is good!

To follow up on my "IDK" post, I just had to share a little bit of how the Lord has been working. He has given clarity, and direction in ways that can only be spirit-directed. And not only that, but has been giving confirmation through words of exhortation from brothers and sisters in Christ. I'm so thankful for these Spirit-filled followers of Jesus who know truth, speak truth and are filled with wisdom from the Lord. It's true, we all truly need the Body of Christ and cannot "do" life on our own!

At this time of year when we celebrate the birth of Christ, I am keenly aware of how I need Him daily to redeem my life. I'm thankful for his gift of salvation and for paying the penalty for my sin. I'm thankful that he is the Wise Counselor, Almighty God and Everlasting Father. I'm thankful that He truly is the Prince of Peace and that He has given, and continues to, teach me about true peace.

This Christmas, I have so many reasons to truly celebrate. In a year--or years--that have been filled with trials, challenges, losses, pain, and tests that have required persevering, my Lord has been more than good to me and has been more than faithful. He truly is the Almighty God who lavishes his love upon me. There is nothing I can ever do that could earn this love. And so I will choose to receive this wonderful gift of grace.

Thank you, Father, for the gift of Jesus. Thank you for the lessons you've taught me on this journey that have given me fresh spiritual eyes. I'm excited to celebrate Christmas in a fresh new way.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing my friend-- You have been through so much these past years. Lots of love to you... coffee???

    ReplyDelete