Saturday, November 17, 2007

Thanksgiving

**This is a re-posting of a post from February of this year. It still rings true and seems fitting for this time of Thanksgiving. **

I'm so thankful that there is someone, a person, bigger than me, wiser than me, someone beyond me that I can put full dependence and trust in, someone who never disappoints or fails. I'm so thankful I know the True God who is my Creator, my Savior, my Hope.

I think of those times in the valleys when everything is so dark and murky and I can barely see the next step to take...He is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path.

I think of those times when life feels out of control and His presence brings a peace and calm that is beyond anything I could ever muster up. His peace passes all understanding.

I think of those times when grief or sorrow have settled over me like a heavy wool blanket, and He holds me in His arms, hugging me, comforting me, stroking my head with His strong Daddy hands, being my strength when I have none. When I am weak, He is strong.

I think of those times when the depth of joy I experience is so profound that to try and express it only seems to minimize it. I'm thankful there is One who celebrates and dances with me, singing over me.

I think of those times I feel so utterly alone even if I'm surrounded by people. Times when I wonder if anyone 'gets me' or intimately knows me, really. And I'm reminded that He knows my deepest heart's desires. He formed me in my mother's womb. He thinks about me all the time!

I think of those times when I feel hurt, angry, frustrated, or the angst inside of me is almost too much to put into words. He doesn't reject me or fear questioning. He welcomes me to talk to Him and seek His counsel. The Holy Spirit intercedes for me with groanings too deep for words.

I'm thankful that I have a Savior who daily redeems my life; this life that in and of itself seems futile at times, and of little meaning. Yet He redeems everyday to make it have worth, value, intention, purpose. He daily, increasingly, frees me up from those things that entangle me in this world, those things that are filled with self-importance, self-reliance and pride. As He faithfully, patiently, shows me all of my "stuff", a mysterious thing happens; I am able to love others deeper, have deeper peace, forgive more readily, have increasing faith, and my trust and dependence on Him grows stronger, my desire to know Him grows deeper.

I'm so thankful that I'm not all there is. I'm so thankful that there is One who is divine, sovereign, pure, real and personal. I'm thankful that he's made himself known to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment