Friday, September 12, 2008

The Return of Singing

I've missed singing. I haven't sung for a long time now. It's not because there hasn't been an opportunity, it's just because I haven't had a song in me. My husband and I stepped down from worship team over a year ago (? is that right?) for lots of different reasons, mostly because the pressures and issues of "life" were weighing heavy on us and our time and emotional reserves were being depleted. Since that time, I have found it difficult to sing just because this past year and all it has held has taken it out of me. I've still worshiped, but it has been much more "quiet" for me.

Yes, I've missed singing, at least until recently when I caught myself belting out some worship song while I was doing some house work. I was surprised and delighted all at once--not at the beauty of my voice (that's for sure)-- but rather at the realization that my spirit is feeling lighter and joy-filled these days. Singing, for me, is a natural expression of what's going on in my spirit.

In recent months I've tried to sing to the CD's I play in my car and have tried to sing in the church service, but even that has proved to be difficult for me. I'm so thankful that the singing has returned. I've missed this form of worship that emanates out of the very core of my being. I think this is a sure sign that I'm healing and recovering from "life. Thank you, Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment