Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Scary, But Exciting

Okay, this is a friendly warning...this is a totally random blog entry.


While riding in the car with my son yesterday, he quickly took command of the radio and pretty soon we were listening to the country music station. I'll have to confess, this genre of music is growing on me. My oldest son has evolved into quite the country music connoisseur and often will hum a little ditty around the house. One of my favorites that he introduced me to is the song that says if you played a country music song backwards it would say, 'you'll get your truck back, you'll get your girl back, you'll get your dog back....' Too funny!

Moving on...Listening to a variety of these songs yesterday I heard one that said something about being afraid and being thrilled all at the same time when confronted by a new adventure. It got me to thinking how true that is. Some of the best adventures or great successes come with a dose of fear, potential danger, or at the very least, some element of the unknown. A few such events came to mind: (Not in any particular order)

* A first date
* Saying "I Love You" for the first time to someone of the opposite sex
* Having a lead part in a play or musical
* Child birth
* Taking your driver's license test
* Posting your first entry on a blog
* Riding an extreme amusement park ride

I'm sure there are a myriad of others. That's where you come in. What are some adventures you can think of that are both thrilling and scary all at the same time?

4 comments:

  1. I too like country music but I grew up listening to it. I don't really like the twangy stuff but most of it is good and is about god,country and family. You will find some of the best songwriters in the world call Nashville home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cheryl,
    I love this! Here are some of mine:

    *First audition
    *First outing with your firstborn
    *Dropping off your little one at preschool on the first day
    *Airplane ride
    *First day of college

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very fun lists.

    I'd add -
    * speaking in public
    * submitting your projects for review
    * meeting someone you really admire

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Lists!

    I totally agree...
    speaking in public and dropping off your little one for their first day of school...

    How about these...

    Moving out on your own
    buying your first car
    buying your first house
    a new job
    Graduation (high school or college)

    ReplyDelete