Sunday, March 04, 2007

Help Wanted


I need your help. I'm feeling the need/desire to make some changes in my life and am dreaming about changing my employment or means of income. I've just about reached the end of my rope doing part-time clerical work (a really nice boss, but the line of work is really "not my thing" and boring. I'm on the edge of going bonkers)and floral design on my own, while enjoyable, is not consistent income. So I'm opening it up to collective brainstorming and seeing what comes of it. That's where you come in. I'm requesting your input and ideas for me!

Since we're "brainstorming" here, and thinking "out of the box", this is what my "ideal" job or work would consist of: It would have significance and purpose, something for the greater good, not just a way to make some money; it would encompass something that is perhaps ministry-oriented; creative; some independent work; perhaps some writing and/or speaking involvement; an environment where brainstorming or exchange of ideas is common; about 25+ hours/week. It would not be secretarial/receptionist-oriented.

Education/Experience: 4 years of College, graduated with a major in Christian Ministries; Certificate of Floral Design; have had experience leading small groups over the past 25 years; have had experience in speaking to large and small groups; have been on 2 short term missions trips, and am a recent "blogger". I enjoy writing, crafts, family time, coffee with friends and playing video games.

So, with those vague (or rather specific ?) parameters in mind, send your employment ideas for me--to me--at the email link on the sidebar, or leave it as a comment to this post.

Thanks! I'm intrigued to see what y'all come up with!
-----------------
Not long after posting this, the Lord brought something to mind. I'll share the idea with you later...in the meanwhile, send me your ideas!

8 comments:

  1. Hmmm... I am thinking.

    While I am brainstorming, I am going to pass this on to a very dear sweet friend of mine. Her name is Wanda and she is good at this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Angela Marie! You're so dear! And thanks for passing it on to your friend Wanda!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doesn't Village need a children's pastor? J/K Maybe you could teach floral design at a community center.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michelle! Thanks for visiting!!

    And thanks for the ideas...glad you were joking about the first one! I had thought about teaching floral design some--classes, etc. I'll ponder that idea a little more.

    Thank you for taking time to leave a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you ever thought of possibly being an activities director for an assisted living center or nursing home. It is a great ministy field and would use all your creative sides of your character.
    I also think it would be nice for churches to offer bible studies such as Beth moores and have them at times not normally assosciated with traditinal church services.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Cheryl: I'm Wanda, and I'm so glad Angela gave me your post. I just read your profile and your post for employment. How exciting. Don't get your hopes up, but I do intend to brainstorm with you. I've been in ministry 46 years, and love serving Jesus. As pastor wife, also in the workplace. I got to retire 4 yrs ago from Property Management and now have fun doing all kinds of ministries.
    I will visit your post often, and will try to come up with some creative ideas for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are all so dear! Wanda, it is so good to "meet" you! Thank you for your encouraging words and interest.

    Yolanda, Thank you for your thoughts as well! You're right...a venue outside of church walls for ministry is a great idea.

    Thank you to all of you! What a wonderful community!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was thinking too as Yolanda did about you possibly being an activities director at a retirement facility or teach at a community center as Michelle mentioned. You are great with people, including seniors, and have lots of creative ideas for hands on activites. You could also lead sing-a-longs with your beautiful voice.

    ReplyDelete