Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Let's Play Birthday Tag

Here's a tag from my friend Kim
1. Go to Wikipedia and type in your birthday month and day only.
2. List 3 events that occurred on that day.
3. List 2 important birthdays.
4. List 1 death.
5. List a holiday or observance. (if any)
6. Tag 5 other bloggers.

Here are my results for my birthday,
November 19:

Events:
1493 - Christopher Columbus goes ashore on an island he first saw the day before. He names it San Juan Bautista (later renamed Puerto Rico).

1863 - American Civil War: Union President Abraham Lincoln delivers the Gettysburg
Address at the military cemetery dedication ceremony in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania.

1954 - Sammy Davis, Jr., loses his left eye in an automobile accident in San Bernardino, California.

Birthdays:
1600 - King Charles I of England (d. 1649)
1942 - Calvin Klein, American clothing designer

Death:
1772 - William Nelson, American colonial governor of Virginia (b. 1711)

Holiday or Observance:
Puerto Rico - Discovery of Puerto Rico (1493) I know I was only to post 1, but this was an obvious one since it was also one of my "events".

World Toilet Day (I'm so proud!)

I tag:
Yolanda
Angela Marie
Wanda
Leah
Trisha

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for playing along! Funny - your birthday is the same as another blogger I know who did this, Brilliant Donkey. He also was quite proud that it was World Toilet Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was really fun and informative! Thanks for tagging me!
    I am going to go back and check it out again!

    ReplyDelete