Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Puttin' On My Dancing Shoes

I'm excited! It's that time of year again. "Dancing With The Stars" is back on for another round on ABC! I know...I'm a dweeb....but what can I say? I like this show!

This year they have quite an array of personalities that are learning to ball room dance: Clyde Drexler, Apolo Anton Ohno, Billy Ray Cyrus (His first dance was to "I Want My Mullet Back"), Laila Ali (Muhamed Ali's boxing daughter) and Joey Fatone from NSYNC fame, just to name a few. It definitely appears that the athletes in the group have the upper hand so far. Even Clyde is doing pretty well, although the height difference between he and his dance partner is awkward to say the least. Billy Ray should be going home next week. There's a reason he was a one-hit wonder. I really don't think he has a rhythmic gene in his body!

My early prediction is that Apolo will be in the finals. He is doing great. Laila will be right there with him. She is amazingly graceful, entertaining and has lots of personality.

Oh, I get all stirred up and want to take dance lessons big time! It would be so fun. Hey, Leeza Gibbons is on the show and just turned 50! I could do it! I'm still a few years from the half-century mark! My youngest daughter even offered to go with me! (There's love for you...she obviously hasn't thought through the embarrassment factor yet.)

Okay--well--thanks for letting me get that out of my system. Time to put on my dancing shoes and do a little happy dance!

4 comments:

  1. I am a dweeb too then! I have been looking forward to this show coming back on! I have wathced every season!

    In my day... I have won a few dance contests! I would love to do this, but.... my husband will not. So, I will just watch! :(

    I have to agree with you on the athletes. So far they are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dweebs unite! My husband won't dance either so I doubt I will ever really enter the dance world...it would be really odd dancing with someone else!

    I'll be thinking of you each Monday night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, the dancing with another man thing would be awkward. But I still think you should give it a try. Life is too short to have "I wish I woulda" thoughts - just try! I'm working on taking my own advice on something I've always wanted to do. Oh - I'm a fan of the show too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the input Anonymous! I've appreciated your comments (interior design?) and input! I'll be thinking of you, too on Monday nights!
    =)

    ReplyDelete