Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Sunny Respite


Oh, the warmth of the early spring air! What a needed respite these last couple of days have been. As a native Oregonian, I have grown my webbed feet and am quite accustomed to the rain. In fact, I like those cozy rainy days when staying inside and puttering is so inviting. However, the last couple of days have been glorious...warm, sunshine-y, rejuvenating, re-energizing. I hadn't realized how "gray" everything has been until the sky was so clearly blue and the sun so warm! I was in urgent need of a weather change!

These have been a good couple of days. On Monday, we celebrated the beauty of the day with a homemade strawberry crepes dinner. The frozen, not-in-season strawberries weren't great...but it sure makes me look forward to May/June when the local berries will be ripe and ready for consumption! (I'm making freezer space ready now--I can hardly wait!)

Tuesday, my second oldest (almost 17) took his driver's license test and passed. He hasn't been chomping at the bit to take the test, until recently when he said he finally felt "ready"...and it was evident. He passed with flying colors and a nearly perfect score!

In the next few days I will replace the dead plants in the flower pots on my porch with brightly-colored primroses. The wilted pink tulips in the vase on my dining room table will be tossed out and a fresh bunch, perhaps yellow, will take their place. I have been known to treat myself (often) to these visual delights. I love the locally grown tulips and other spring flowers so readily available at this time of year. There is just something so nurturing and revitalizing about being surrounded with His creation!

Aah, spring! I'm so thankful that God created this wonderful time of year! It always comes around just when I'm needing it most! How does He do that??

3 comments:

  1. Good Morning Cheryl: I so agree with you. How I love when God takes out the spring colors and paints on his canvas. I have had a saying for years that my friends laugh at. "I buy flowers, and if there is any money left, I pay the rent and the bills" Needless to say, flowers are always in my home, and somehow the rent and bills have been paid too. In my area, Trader Joes has wonderful fresh flowers every week at great prices.
    I wish my comupter was ready to show pictures on my post, but unfortunately, that will happen in a few weeks. Yesterday I took a picture of the flowers on my table, tiger lillies. Wow. so beautiful.
    Funny, I plan on replacing my dead plants this week too.
    Praying sunshine and plesant surprises in your life today.
    Your new friend, Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wanda!
    Hi friend Wanda
    !
    Thanks for visiting this morning! Love the quote! I will think of you as I do some re-potting this week. I look forward to seeing your pictures too when you're able to post them on your blog!

    Enjoy His blessings on this day He has created!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am ready to get outside and do some replanting. I also need to clip or pull what the frost has killed. So new growth can spring forward.

    Hmmm.... what I just wrote just occured to me how that is also so true in a person's life. God gives lesson's through everything. We just need to be open to seeing them. I just love Him.

    ReplyDelete