Monday, September 18, 2006

How Are You?

Just wanted to pass this on. I just returned home a short time ago from doing some grocery shopping. I walked up to the check out line. After placing my items on the conveyor belt, I walked up next to the checker. He seemed pleasant. As he began to scan my items, he smiled and asked the courteous, "How are you today?" I responded with the same customary response of "I'm well. And how are you ?" I asked. The quiet checker responded, "I'm blessed."

I would love to say I had some great spiritual response at this point, but his reply caught me off guard. To say, "oh, yah, me too" would have seemed a little--wrong. I just smiled and didn't say anything but proceeded to pack up my groceries.

When it was time to leave, he sent me on my way with "God bless you." What a bright spot in the afternoon.

So, how are you today?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cheryl...I love reading your blog too. So good to see you here in the blogusphere! I love your post...I sometimes think that the Lord likes to surprise us and say "Hello" through others...to remind us He's walking not only with us but within us!

    ReplyDelete