Thursday, September 28, 2006

Random Ramblings and Leave of Absence

Just wondering~
Was I being totally petty when I asked the girl at Starbucks to wash her hands before she made my mocha, which was right after she returned from wiping up a mess underneath a table with a cloth, spray cleaner and her hands?

Do you think it's a "coincidence" that since writing my 'Saturday Blessings' blog and my recent 'living by faith(Morning Coffee with God)' blog that my daughter is suddenly going through some really hard things at school and with friendships; my husband's windshield got smashed by a rock yesterday; we were hit with a financial "thing" that we didn't see coming; the promise of some temporary full time clerical work for me suddenly changed and doesn't look that will pan out; I was asked to do a significant amount of floral work within these next two weeks, which would be some good income, but can't because I'm having surgery on my wrist; and there are some increased "issues" with some of my other children.

Should I expect to get a full $10.00 of gas when that is what I asked for and paid for (plus an additional $.50 just for using my debit card) and the guy manually stops the pump at $9.98? (Okay, I WAS petty and asked him for my other $.02 worth...!)



Taking a Leave of Absence~
Tomorrow's the day. Wrist surgery! I haven't been nervous about the prospect...until this morning...realizing that tomorrow morning at this time I'm willingly walking in and allowing them to poke and probe. I'm sure I'll be glad once it is over...well... once I've recovered and am fully functional again.

I'd appreciate your prayers. The surgery should take about 2 hours under general anesthesia--Yeah!! I don't want to know anything that is going on! The doctor is performing a number of procedures, so I'll have a few scattered scars, but nothing like Frankenstein (I think). Dependent upon how much repair is needed (He'll know better once he has a 'visual' inside) I'm looking at 2-6 weeks in a splint/cast thing-a-ma-jig.

So, here's to modern medicine. I'm thankful that I can get "fixed"(It's becoming more difficult to post--very painful--but I'm willing to sacrifice!) but sad that I will be out of commission for a little bit and will have to delay blogging...at least temporarily...although I am prepared to "hunt and peck" if I just can't wait any longer!

5 comments:

  1. Cheryl - I'll be praying for a quick recovery and return to blogging! :) Take care my friend and let your family spoil you a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm praying for a successful surgery and quick recovery too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you, Cheryl! And good for you in speaking out for hand washing and 2 cents worth of gas. Not petty. :) Appreciate you and your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing wrong. She should have washed her hands without you having to tell her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Aunty Cheryl!

    I enjoy reading all your creative and inspiriational posts on here. I think it is great that you are doing this! Love you.

    ReplyDelete